Chocolate chip cookies are always my go to dessert. Though I am sugared out from the holidays, I couldn’t stop myself from making a batch. My tip when making cookies: SALTED BUTTER. Do not fear salted butter, embrace it.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup SALTED butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating each one well into the mixture.
- Gradually add flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- For each cookie, drop a tablespoon of the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies for 9 to 11 minutes.
Recipe from Very Best Baking
What are your secrets to making the best chocolate chip cookie?
This weekend our family celebrated my Mom’s birthday with brunch, cake, and presents. My sister-in-law made a checkerboard cake for the occasion. Unfortunately, my niece decided to taste test the dessert before the party even began. Her cute little hand print in the cake made it even more perfect. As her gift, my sister-in-law decorated a bird cage for my Mom. Her present was not only adorable but incredibly thoughtful.
I spent the day with my sister-in-law, nephews, and niece baking cookies for the holidays. We were cookie making machines; baking five different types of treats in five hours. Next…gingerbread houses!
Once you make these bars, you will want to bake them all the time. These little treats are so addictive that they go fast in any home. I made them this week and they disappeared in two days.
Seven Layer Bars
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) salted butter
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 (14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/3 cups toffee bits
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9x2 inch pan.
- Mix flour and brown sugar in medium mixing bowl. Cut butter into mixture until it is crumbs. Add egg. Mix well. Stir in 1 ½ cups of chocolate chips and walnuts. Set aside 1 ½ cups of mixture.
- Press crumb mixture into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over cookie. Set aside ¼ cup toffee bits and sprinkle remaining bits over condensed milk. Add ½ cup shredded coconut over top. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture and remaining ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Bake 25-30 minutes
- Top with remaining toffee bits and shredded coconut.