Once you make these bars, you will want to bake them all the time. These little treats are so addictive that they go fast in any home. I made them this week and they disappeared in two days.
Seven Layer Bars
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) salted butter
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 (14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/3 cups toffee bits
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9x2 inch pan.
- Mix flour and brown sugar in medium mixing bowl. Cut butter into mixture until it is crumbs. Add egg. Mix well. Stir in 1 ½ cups of chocolate chips and walnuts. Set aside 1 ½ cups of mixture.
- Press crumb mixture into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over cookie. Set aside ¼ cup toffee bits and sprinkle remaining bits over condensed milk. Add ½ cup shredded coconut over top. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture and remaining ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Bake 25-30 minutes
- Top with remaining toffee bits and shredded coconut.